About our wedding vow engravings:
- The vows are engraved on (approx) 14x11" poplar wood, (approx) 0.75" thick
- Boards have a rustic, unfinished look. Timeless and full of character.
- The wood is sanded fine with a light oil finish to bring out the grain, but otherwise unadorned.
- Text and images are laser engraved into the wood itself.
- We typically lay out the vows as pictured, names at top, vows in the middle, and location and / or date at bottom.
- But we can adjust layout, fonts, size etc. to your specifications. Just let us know what you have in mind.
- Shorter vows can often fit on a single board (e.g. one on the top half and the other on the bottom)
- Longer vows look great on separate boards
How it works:
- Choose a pair (one vow on each) or a single board (both vows on one)
- At checkout, add a note to your order with the vow text.
- Let us know other instructions. Popular requests:
* The wedding date * Wedding location * Silhouettes of meaningful images, like an oak tree *
- OR just click "Ask a Question" or "Request a Custom Order" to start a conversation about your piece prior to purchase.
For bulk discounts please get in touch: click the "Ask a question" or "Request a custom order" button.
Precision Laser Engraving.
We use high precision laser engraver that burn your engraving directly into the wood, leaving an etching a few millimeters into the surface. This technique really sets these pieces apart from painted wood -- the engraving becomes part of the wood itself and will last a lifetime.
Made Just for You.
We know how important these pieces can be to people, either commemorating personal events or given as meaningful gifts or even as a piece of art in your own home. That's why we sweat the small stuff and work with you to find the right piece and design the right layout. Want a different size or have an idea for something different than what you've seen on the site? Let us know and we'll make it work!
Delivered Smoothly and Safely.
We are a small workshop but we work really hard to turn orders around as quickly as possible -- usually within a week of ordering. We use USPS Priority shipping for most orders and we think it's worth it for a safe handling, fast 2-3 day delivery, and easy of tracking.
Learn more about us! https://www.etsy.com/shop/EtchyWorkshop/about
We try to ship within 1-3 business days of receiving your order (and will let you know of any delays). Most pieces are sent via USPS Priority 2- or 3- day mail. We'll send you the tracking information as soon as it's available.
Pieces are wrapped in paper and sent in padded envelopes or small boxes.
We want our customers to be in love with every piece they order. If for any reason you're unhappy, just let us know and we'll do our best to make it right.
*** Custom Orders ***
If you have a favorite author, quote, or image you'd like engraved please get in touch. We'd love to bring your vision to life. We'll send you photographs of the blank pieces of wood we have available so you can pick just the right piece.
*** Gift Options ***
Ordering a gift? Just let us know and we'll withhold the receipt. We can also provide gift-wrapping and a customized note. Just add the "Gift Wrap" item from our store into your cart.
*** Wood Treatment ***
Almost all of our pieces are found: we collect driftwood from the beach, branches from the forest floor, and reclaimed pieces from our workshop. We give all of our pieces a light, non-toxic cleaning and heat treatment. But we also want our pieces to reflect their origin and their history, so don't be surprised to find a grains of sand here and there!